Sunday, December 30, 2012

2012 Recap

     So, I have been a bad blogger.  I have been sewing, but I have not been updating.  Also, my summer plans were a bit too optimistic, and I still have not finished everything I wanted to get done.  However, this post will show what I have finished and also be a bit of a teaser for the gowns I have finished, but not photographed, or am still working on.

     So without further ado, here are my finished projects from 2012:

1. My knitted pinball.

 I have worn this to almost every 18th century event I have been to this year.  A fellow reenactor dubbed it the "woolen mace", so that is its new nickname.

2. The Strawberry-Daisy print 1940's dress

 
 
3. A Plaid 40's Shirtdress
 
 
This has become my go-to 40's dress.  I've worn it to several events so far.
 
4. A White Windowpane-checked Apron

 
I made this one with ties long enough to wrap all of the way around the front and tie.  I usually wear my pinball tied on the waistband of this apron.
 
 

5. 18th Century Stays


6.  A Teal En Fourreau-backed Roundgown

 
This gown will be further covered in another post, but I finished it in time for a fall event.  It is really comfortable!

 
 
In Progress:
 
7.  My 1780's block printed gown
 
 
 
Technically, this one is already "done", but it has fit issues with the sleeves and armysce, so I'm going to have to redo it.  I currently do not have any finished pictures.
 
 
8. The 1760-70's Francaise gown.
 
 
 
The back is currently all I have done.
 
 
9. A Regency Apron-front Gown.
 
I have no pictures of this one.  It was a spur-of-the-moment gown for an event that was canceled, so it's not finished yet.


I'm hoping to get these finished by the end of Christmas break.  I will be taking some finished photos of my gowns soon, hopefully.  Once that is done, I will do some photo posts on each of the gowns I am done with.

Rebecca




No comments:

Post a Comment