Saturday, January 14, 2012

Updates and Sneak Peeks

It has taken longer to finish my sister's dress than I thought.  That is partially because I have been working on some other projects, none of which are finished either.  I have been pretty productive though, so I'll give you some sneak peeks of what I have been up to.


I drafted a pattern and am almost done with a 1940's dress for my sister. 


I found and altered a pattern for a new pair of 18th century stays. 


I made a cardboard mock-up of the pattern.
(And got fabric and boning for said stays.)


I designed a knitting pattern for an 18th century pinball
(a term to be explained further in another post).


 I've started to knit the front.
(And I am teaching my other sister to knit!)


 I learned how to make death's head buttons.
(This is a larger size I practiced on, the second one I ever made!)



I got this fantastic book! I'll talk about it in another post.

This new year is off to a pretty good start!

-Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment