Sunday, April 15, 2012

A dancing adventure

So, I was going to do something yesterday as a remembrance for the centennial of the Titanic sinking, but that didn't work out. So instead, two friends and I went to a contra dance at a small town that I had heard about. We were afraid there wouldn't be anyone there to dance with, but thankfully that wasn't the case. It was a lot of fun, and we had no trouble learning the dances, because the three of us all do English country dance together, and the moves were pretty much the same.

One of the really cool things about it was that it took place in a building that used to be a train depot, and was over a hundred years old. It was interesting to think of all of the people who had walked on that same floor. They also had live music, and I told my friends that it reminded me of a dance you would have after a barn raising or a quilting bee or something.

Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment