Well, here they are! I finished my new back- and front-lacing 1780's stays last week. The pattern fits very well, and they are surprisingly comfortable most of the time. They were originally intended to have straps, and they may one day, but I like them as they are for now (even with the little stubs, they don't get in the way that much though). The chanels are all machine sewn, except for the first channel I did, which made me decide to use the machine! The binding and eyelets are handsewn, however.
Materials:
Top layer- Linen
Middle layer- Denim
Inside layer- Cotton muslin
Boning- Thin cable ties (Strategically placed, and they are definitely enough for my figure. I tried a few larger ones, but I had issues with them twisting in the channels. The boning was placed between the 2 inside layers, because it showed under just the top layer)
You can see how the stays have already conformed to my figure a little bit. I have worn them for about 7-10 hours so far.
And a few shots of the inside...
I didn't take many in-progress shots, because I was sewing like mad to get them done so I could start some other projects.
Testing out the channel width and boning choice.
The two front panels, which were lonely for a few months until I felt like sewing the rest of them.
I hope you enjoyed seeing them!
Rebecca
No comments:
Post a Comment